Pre-K, 3rd, 4th - Balanced Literacy, Reading, Math - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last Week












 Last week was crazy busy. I truly cannot believe its already May! My prekinders are so busy learning to read. I have incorporated The Moffatt Girls Ready to Read Units one and two into my curriculum.  I love it for a LONG LIST of reasons!  The best part is that my kiddos are loving it too!  We have been working on the "at" family, and the "an" family. They are MASTERING it, which obviously makes me so proud.  These Ready to Read Units are such a steal at $5 a unit! I use her activities in my literacy centers as well as in my project centers! My students just love decorating Sight Words with colorful sprinkles :)  We are having a blast.  Also, a huge thanks to Little Kinder Warriors because she recommended Sentos markers, which my kids are having a blast with!  I also "stole" another idea from Little Kinder Warriors.  The Dum-Dum Tree!  At the end of each day, my students get a sticker if their behavior was on the yellow or green traffic light.  Once they get five stickers, they get to choose a Dum Dum lollipop.  Upon The Little Kinder Warrior's suggestion, I put blue marker on the bottom of some (1/4) lollipops.  If a child gets a blue bottom, then he or she can also pick a prize from the treasure chest.  I just love reading other teacher blogs because I get such great ideas!  The best part about the Dum Dum tree is that it ends up saving me money, because my treasure chest isn't empty anymore by the end of the week, and the children are just as happy with their lollipop prize :)  However, why do they have to call them Dum Dum's?  As a teacher, I hate that name! Anyways, it's almost 1:30 in the morning so I better go to sleep. I'm just gonna upload some pictures of what we have been doing in my class this week. I hope you enjoy :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen!
    Thanks so much for the nice comment on my blog!!;) Good luck with starting yours! Let me know if you need anything:)
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete

Email me at: eileenmoran86 at gmail dot com