Pre-K, 3rd, 4th - Balanced Literacy, Reading, Math - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Excited to be going back.

    Tomorrow is my first day  back to work.  We were off for practically two weeks for Spring Recess.  I enjoyed my time off but I am looking forward to going back!  Tomorrow I will be introducing the students to the sight word, "and."  We will begin by reading the "Scholastic and Sight Word Poem."  The children love the Scholastic poems! During Literacy Center time we will be doing small group activities using the word "and."   In my last post I wanted to put in a picture of the box I made for them to use when they are finished with their Literacy Center work.  However, I was on my IPAD so I couldn't figure out how to add the picture, so I'm adding it into this post.  In the "I'm Done" box I included some books, a "Write the Room" book which I made using copy paper, and cut up a file folder to make the cover.  Also, I made some new classroom pointers because the children love using mine so much! The pointers are great because I find that during "free time" my students will use them to go over the Sight Word Poems I write on chart paper.  This is great for concepts about print, as they are learning to move the pointer from top to bottom, and left to right across the words.
     One of my Literacy Centers is "highlighting." I find my prekinders love using highlighters! In the beginning of the year they would highlight the letter of the week in poems.  However, now that it's April, the students are done with the letter of the week.  Monday will be the first day I try out highlighting a sight word.  Below, I'm copying and pasting the "and" poem I created.  The students will highlight the word "and" throughout the poem. I find that the children usually breeze through this center so I'm hoping they utilize the "I'm Done" box!


Name_________________


Directions: Highlight the sight word “and.”



I like dogs and cats,
baseballs and bats.

I like cars and trucks,
cows and ducks.

I like trains and blocks,
pencils and clocks.

I like learning and school.
I like the sight word “and,”
don't you?



1 comment:

  1. It is very good which we have actually written and published so that exciting page.I am simply grateful which I have discovered ones webpage. Now I am anticipating browse another, intriguing content.

    ReplyDelete

Email me at: eileenmoran86 at gmail dot com