Pre-K, 3rd, 4th - Balanced Literacy, Reading, Math - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Newbie

I have never blogged before in my life; however, seeing all the amazing teacher blogs out there inspired me to do so! I am currently on Spring Break, which is nice! I have been so busy with lesson plans. This is my fourth year teaching pre-k, but my first year implementing literacy centers into the classroom. I had no idea how much work it was going to be, but I'm sincerely enjoying every minute of it. I've found that my biggest problem so far is having students finish in their centers before the rest of the class is done. Some centers end up taking more time, right? So while I have been "spring breaking," I have been coming up with activities for my students to do when they finish a literacy center early. I created "write te Room" mini-books, and found a great Earth day game for next week as well. The Earth Day game I stumbled upon over at KinderPond http://kinderpond.blogspot.com/. I can't wait to teach my students the game on Monday, and see if they can do it independently in small groups when they finish up at their center. I will definitely let you know how to goes! Also, I'm including a picture of a box I made to put after-center literacy activities in. Actually, all I did was use wrapping paper to wrap a box top (I felt an actual box would be too deep and wouldn't remain organized and neat). I have a feeling the children are going to be excited by the new activity, I know I am!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world...I look forward to reading your blog. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, thank you so much for commenting, you truly made my day! (your my first comment ever lol). I'm definitely going to follow your blog. I just took a quick peek at it, and noticed you also use the Ready to Read program in your class. I'd love to compare notes! If you look at some of my pictures from the other day, you can see I recopied the "at" family and "an" family flowers onto chart paper, and also included their pictures to help my students make the connection. Today on chart paper we did an "at" family versus "an" family activity; it went over great :) I forgot to take a picture of it, but I will tomorrow and post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Email me at: eileenmoran86 at gmail dot com